Fab Filter Saturn or Izotope Trash2 - Quick Basic Feature Comparison
Looking at Saturn and Trash2 basic features and a comparison of the two, both are multiband distortion units but do the same job in very different ways and can create equally different sounds as a result.
takes the best of Trash and makes it even better. With an entirely new sonic architecture, brand new features, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats, Trash 2 is primed for a powerful new era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation. Let sonic mayhem ensue.
- Distort in ways you never dreamed with the Trash module’s 60+ distortion algorithms, perfect for transforming your sound into something never before heard
- Design your own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new, customizable, multiband Waveshaper
- Let your tracks inhabit any space or object with the new Convolve module. Choose from over 100 impulse responses or load your own to put your bass in a washing machine or your keys in a cave
- Find a new voice: make your audio speak and growl with two redesigned Filter modules, each one featuring new vowel formant filters, screaming peaks, node modulations, and more
- Start trashing your audio immediately with an extensive new preset library and an ear-friendly Limiter that ensures you can play without fear
FabFilter Saturn offers a range of different high quality distortion models, inspired by the vintage sound of tubes, tape and guitar amps. In addition, you also get three creative distortion styles, with which you can smudge, stretch, crush, rectify and clip your sounds in weird and unexpected ways.
With its multiband design and per-band feedback, dynamics, drive, tone and modulation options, Saturn will bring a unique flavor to your music.